Monday, June 30, 2014

Background

The main reason I am trying the medical marijuana is to relieve anxiety and help me sleep when my anti-fatigue medicine keeps me up. I also have some pain and am always fatigued (hence the anti-fatigue medicine. The person at the distribution center recommended the blend Death Star, to be used at night. It is 30.58% THC and 0.74% CBD. The effects are relaxing, calming muscle spasms, and providing relief from nerve and muscle pain. He said I should wake up energized also. So that is where my MM journey begins.

Day 1 I smoked a few hits off a joint that I rolled myself very badly. It took me two tries to even get one to the point of looking like a joint. I'm not sure how well the stuff burned since I did such a horrible job, but after two lame hits that didn't seem to do much, the third sent me into a coughing fit. It seemed pretty strong and hit me hard. I was lightheaded. I tried reading and at first was able to do so with no problem. However, as I grew more relaxed, my eyes seemed to not match up with my brain, like I was on a time delay. I couldn't walk straight and about 20 minutes since the first hit, I was very stoned.

I went to bed and got up about a half hour later to eat something (yes, the munchies). I fell asleep less than 2 hours later, but only slept for 2 1/2 hours. That is not that unusual for me, but I was hoping the marijuana was going to solve that. I woke up tired and achy and after an hour or so I decided to take a few more hits. However, instead of the direct inhale of pot smoking, I took the drags like you would a cigarette, hoping it would be easier on my lungs. It was, but also probably not as effective. When I finally woke up for the day, I was okay but not wide awake. I had a lazy day, even after taking my anti-fatigue med.

I know this experiment should be repeated to really get an idea of how it would work, but it really hurt my lungs, so I am sorry to say that this may be the last joint I smoke. At least for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment